1. Balanced Lifestyle – Develop the balance you need as a human. Humans are busy leading busy 21st century lives. Yoga allows you to work in rather than working out. By slowing down and breathing, deep breathing, yoga helps you center yourself and trains you to breath properly, open up the air ways, and allow your breath to help create positive energy in your body. A simple extended out breath activates our parasympathetic nervous system necessary for inner peace and calmness. Breathing becomes a powerful tool to de-stress our mind and body and bring awareness to the present moment. Slowing down and recharging is necessary for all of us, although we each need different amounts, its important for creating a balanced lifestyle. Try it now as you sit on your phone or device. Close the eyes, take a deep breath in, hold it for 3 seconds and then calmly and fully breathe out. I’ll bet you’re more relaxed already.
2. Self-love – stillness is one of the best ways to reconnect to your inner self, your true self, in yoga we call this Atman. Connecting to yourself deepens your own personal relationship to you, and who better to get to know but yourself. You learn to let go of the ego and love and accept yourself for who you are. It’s only then the ripple effect of love can spread to the love and acceptance of others.
3. Mindset – As you practice yoga you will find there is a fantastic mindset shift that happens. Your practice on the mat gradually begins to spread its way into other aspects of your life, you view things differently, you become more grateful for the life you have, the people in it and the things you do. Suddenly you find yourself not getting caught up on the small things, the materialistic world, the ego, attachment, aversion, you have nothing left to fear. Through meditation and yoga practice you begin to have more awareness of your mind and its patterns of thought. Its not that you totally eliminate negative thought patterns, this is not possible, but you begin to accept them and then easily detach from them, making for a much more peaceful state of mind and lens to view the world through. In yoga we don’t say you do yoga but you let yoga do you!
4. Physical – whether you’re someone who works sitting down a lot or someone who is highly active or somewhere in between, you can’t deny the physical benefits of yoga. The lengthening, stretching and opening of energy pathways, to the strengthening, stabilisation and improved balance. Yoga further assists with improved blood flow to the organs through gentle twists, turns and movements which also start the detoxification process. The rushing and flushing of blood to our internal organs, our muscles, our brains. The internal self massage and cleanse is truly worth it.
5. Connection – not just to yourself but with like minded people who care about their health. From the outside yoga appears to be all about the physical, and don’t get me wrong, there are many benefits to the physical side of yoga, but yoga is much more. Yoga can go deep into your soul, that is where the true magic happens, this is the path of enlightenment.
If you are interested in a beginners yoga course you can find more about upcoming start dates through our Eventbrite page https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/sunset-yoga-tickets-53797333272